After receiving an invitation to my first Friendsgiving celebration last weekend, I began pondering what side dish I would bring to the party. I’m a sucker for all things pumpkin-flavored (as well as dessert), so I thought it might be fun to combine the two into a treat that went a step beyond typical pumpkin pie. I settled on a super simple pumpkin cheesecake topped with pecan chips, caramel sauce and Cool Whip.
I found the base of this recipe on Pinterest via Everything Mommyhood. The recipe really couldn’t be more simple. It’s perfect for the busy holiday season when you need a crowd-pleasing dessert but don’t have a lot of time.
I started by combining a tub of cheesecake filling with 2/3 can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) in a large metal mixing bowl. Next, I sprinkled in 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice and mixed until well blended.
The next step is to pour the mixture into a graham cracker pie crust and smooth the top.
Feel free to stop here, or continue on adding toppings like whipped cream, pecan chips and caramel sauce to dress up the cheesecake. I decided to add pecan chips right away and pack the whipped cream and caramel sauce for party guests to add at their own discretion.
The pecan chips added a nice crunch and nutty flavor to the cheesecake while punching up the presentation.
After letting the cheesecake chill for a few hours in the fridge, it was time to dig in. My creation earned rave reviews at the Friendsgiving party, and I’d definitely make it again based on how easy and yummy it was. Give it a try for your next gathering with friends or family!
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 2/3 of a 15 oz can of Libby’s Pumpkin Puree (make sure it’s not the pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 container of Philadelphia Ready to Eat Cheesecake Filling
- 1 small bag pecan chips
- Whipped topping (optional)
- Caramel sauce (optional)
- Mix the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and cheesecake filling together. Pour into pie crust.
- Chill in refrigerator or freezer for at least one hour.
- Before serving, add whipped topping and/or drizzle with caramel sauce. Enjoy!
Share this Post